Clinics & Services
In addition to general consultations we are pleased to offer the following services:
- Antenatal - Clinics are run by the midwives on a Wednesday and Friday morning. In addition are appointments available with all of the doctors.
- Family planning - including "coil" fitting & Implanon is carried out during surgery consultations.
- Child immunisation clinic - run by the nurses on a Wednesday and Thursday mornings. If you have not received an appointment for your child, or have missed one, please attend between these times or make an appointment with the nurse.
- Diabetic clinic - run by the practice nurse. Patients will be referred to either. A diabetic chiropody clinic also runs on two afternoons a week.
- Long term conditions - run by Sister Williams on a Monday & Thursday afternoon as well as a Wednesday morning. This clinic offers valuable advice and general health checkup to patients diagnosed with co-morbidities including Diabetes, Heart conditions and other long term conditions.
- Asthma Clinic - are available with Sister Ferguson on a Tuesday morning and with Sister Stevenson on a Tuesday and Thursday as part of her respiratory clinics for advice and guidance.
- COPD Clinic - available with Sister Stevenson on a Tuesday and Thursday as part of her respiratory clinics.
- NHS Health checks - run by our team of Health Care Assistants daily.
- Minor surgery - Dr Matthews & Dr Hunter.
- Smoking cessation clinic - held two or three times a week by a specialist nurse advisor.
- Healthy heart clinic – regular clinics with the nurses.
- Physiotherapy - two sessions a week for patients from.
- Phlebotomy - sessions available daily between 9am and 12 Midday.
- Counselling - available on a Monday and a Thursday.
- Carers' link worker - available regularly to give advice and support to carers.
- Alcohol counseling - run every Friday, NB no GP referral needed.
- Substance misuse clinic every Monday with a drugs worker.